Thursday, November 20, 2008

Some Pics From My Road Trip: Part 1

On August 16th of 2008, I went on a lone three week road trip. I lived out of my car and camped the whole way, staying only twice at a motel. Starting from West Linn, OR, I visited the Oregon Sand Dunes, Crater Lake (but it was too foggy to see anything), Yosemite, Death Valley, Lake Mead/Hoover Dam, The Grand Canyon in Arizona, Montezuma Castle ruins, Meteor Crater, the VLA in New Mexico, and Roswell.
.
.
These photos are from August 16 to August 22, 2008

This is me at the Oregon Sand Dunes.
.
.

Tuolumne Meadows on the outskirts of Yosemite.
.
.

Welcome to Death Valley.
.
.

No kidding! It was 117 degrees F that day!
.
.

I would have taken more photos of Death Valley but it was too hot so I didn't stick around for very long!
.
.

I saw this coyote on the grounds of Scotty's Castle on the outskirts of Death Valley. He seemed really nice--just like a dog.
.
.

I saw this "Angel's Ladies Brothel" billboard off the highway not long after entering Nevada. I'm not sure how that plane got there!
.
.

Here's where all the action happens! This is as close as I got.

No comments: